We are here for you.
At the Pain Center at Kansas Spine & Specialty Hospital, we remain vigilant of our mission to deliver the most high-quality and safest experience for our patients, visitors and staff. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 crisis and taking proactive steps to minimize risk factors for all those who enter our doors.
What this means to you as a patient:
- We are still accepting patient calls, scheduling and refilling prescriptions by phone during our regular office hours of Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. We are operating with limited staff, so please be patient as we try to return all calls within a reasonable timeframe.
- Dr. Scott and Dr. Tokala are still performing patient procedures. If it becomes necessary for us to reschedule a procedure, we will contact the patient as needed.
- Telephone consultations are available as needed to address patient concerns and ensured continued care.
Extra safety measures we are taking:
We continue to comply with guidelines and recommendations by the State of Kansas and Centers for Disease Control. While our day-to-day processes have been designed to maintain a sterile environment, we are taking additional precautions to address the current crisis, including but not limited to:
- Posting trained medical professionals at our Pain Center entrance to conduct appropriate screening regarding flu-like symptoms, recent travel practices and personal contact of those seeking entrance to the hospital;
- Prohibiting entrance by children age 12 and under;
- Performing a temporal forehead scan to ensure that individuals with a fever will be asked to depart and seek medical consultation;
- Continuous coordination with key medical staff including an infectious disease physician;
- Switching to EPA-approved disinfectant against emerging pathogens such as COVID-19.
We ask for your patience and your compliance as we seek to maintain the safest environment possible for our patients, visitors and staff. For additional information and updates on COVID-19, please refer to the Sedgwick County Health Department, Kansas Department of Health & Environment and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention websites.